In the beginning: Born June 6th 1948 in Vancouver BC, Canada to Oresa Dawna Forsyth, and Harold Hugh Sansom, my parents... Married and were divorced 2 years later..After that my mother and I lived with my Grandparents, Thelma, and Donald Forsyth, along with my mother's 2 brothers, Alex and David Forsyth...They were all wonderful to me and treated me like a princess... Always...parks, walks, the ice cream store...shopping and the special one the ball park ! I have the most wonderful memories of that time in my life ! My grandparents are gone now and so is David, bless their souls, but Alex is still here and we are senior citizens together...funny how life is ? I'm 61 now and he's 68.....
After a few years my mother Oresa met Melvin Holmes on a blind date, he was on leave in Vancouver with the Navy..they started dating after that and finally married, and we moved to Utah..to live .. Mel had a large family and they were well know in the Utah area, his Mother Laura Holmes ran a Wedding Business, decorating wedding cakes, setting up the reception area's etc. I used to help her make chocolates and decorate cakes...learned a lot... She was a very talented and wonderful lady, and I feel luck to have had her in my life... And her Husband
Eugene, my grandfather was a very sweet a gentle man... I loved him very much..He made my life special...because he was special !
I spent most of my school years in Utah, then Dad (Mel) started traveling with work, we lived in Boise, Idaho Wichita, Kansas Seattle, Washington which in ended staying in Seattle, and I graduated from Evergreen High School there, and met Ken...
We got engaged after he returned from the Air Force, he was gone 2 years, upon his coming home we picked up where we left off, and after 1 year engagement we married..a small wedding with family and friends, we just wanted to be married, that's when in earlier posts I got sick with Kidney failure..
After 2 years of marriage we had our first child, Scott and Jenny followed 3 years later, they are all grown and married now and we have 4 grandchildren... We again are truly blessed..
It was Scott and Shelly who were married first and we went to Hawaii to have the wedding, and wonderful and beautiful time, that we will always remember..We also made a family vacation. The reception was at our home back in Seattle, where family and friends gathered to honor the new Mr.& Mrs.Scott K.Miller....
After Jennifer graduated High School , we moved to Spokane, Washington for Ken had been transferred there with Exxon.. She stayed with us in our New home for about 3 months and then went back to Seattle to be with her boyfriend Tim Grauman.. 2 years following they would announce they were getting married... We had a Beautiful Garden Wedding in my sister's wonderful landscaped yard..a perfect place for Jenny to marry.. All family and friends attended and it was a great day ! I was so proud of her and Tim... Our first born granddaughter would be the flower girl...sooo cute !
So now our children are both married and now comes the fun part Grandchildren...first would be Mackenzie Lynn, then Matthew Scott, & Mason , Scott and Shelly's children.. Then the twins Madison Ann, and Colton James, Tim and Jenny's children... Once again we are Blessed !
They are wonderful Children, we love them so much..
Ken and I were at the Births of all our grandchildren...That was very important for us, I was even in the delivery room for the twins...along side Jenny, while they burst into the world. Quite the experience..I'll have to admit, one I will never forget..They twin had to stay in the hospital for several weeks after the birth, they were too small, only 3 and 4 pounds.. So Ken and I stayed at the house a decorated the nursery for their home coming when they first came home they both fit in a bassinet that I had refinished for them...It was so cute seeing them in one bassinet ! It was great to finally get them and Jenny home .
Today's date August 2nd 2009 Mackenzie is 14 Wow ! Matthew is 11, Mason 3 1/2, and the twins will be 6 on August 11th....
We will all be together August 14th for our annual family vacation here at the cabin on Pinto Point, @ Priest Lake... The kids are at the age where they really can have fun together, in the water, on the beach, at the night time marshmellow's roasts, boating, skiing etc. it's fun time for all.
Ken and I bought Scott's boat and Scott got a new boat this year.. So it should be a fun year !
It allow's us to get away and let our kids have time to themselves too. We love being together, but I think it's good to let everyone have time to share with each other alone...Even the grandparents...that would be us !
Well as you can see I've had a pretty good life, but for today I'm going to close, and get some sun rays..
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment