Saturday, January 24, 2009

We were married on August 10th 1968 in the Mormon Church in Seattle, Washington, all friends and family were in attendance. It was a special day and we could hardly wait to take off for the Canon Beach coast line...But we waited until the next morning and set off on our honeymoon...3 days into the honeymoon I got sick..really sick! I couldn't sit up walk or anything...Ken put me in the back seat of the car and covered me up as I was shivering terribly..He raced to get me back to Seattle to the Hospital, once we returned and got to the Doctor, we found out that my right kidney had failed, and was infecting the other one, and I had to be rushed into surgery right away..what a way to start a marriage...It was touch and go there for awhile as both kidneys were failing..the doctors were trying to save the left kidney so they could operate...To make a long story short they did remove the right kidney and I had to stay in the Hospital for recovery for three weeks...

As tough as it was I think almost losing my life made us strong and our love even stronger..That remains true to this day !

No comments:

Post a Comment